COVID-19 UPDATE 3/13/2020
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation continues to evolve daily, and hourly in some cases, Coalinga-Huron Recreation & Park District (CHRPD) has been monitoring the updates. The health and well being of our staff, volunteers, program participants and the community we serve remains our highest priority.
Per the Governor’s most recent Executive Order, the following additional measures have been taken:
- All District Community Centers including the Senior Adult Centers will be closed for programming through the end of March.
- All youth and adult sports programs operated by CHRPD are postponed through the end of March
- All programs operated by partner organizations and/or independent contractors are suspended through the end of March
- All open gym activities are suspended through the end of March
- All private rentals at CHRPD facilities scheduled during the month of March are Postponed/cancelled
CHRPD District Office will remain open to answer customer questions and assist with registration of future programs. No programming or organized activities will take place, however. Our parks and their restroom facilities will remain open for the enjoyment of the public.
RECREATION & PARK DISTRICT
The Coalinga-Huron Recreation and Parks District encompasses over 860 miles and was formed in 1972 to serve both the communities of Huron and Coalinga, CA. With a total population of 27,000 people, CHRPD is responsible for the maintenance, and operation related to special events, activities, sports, and recreation programs for youth and adults that takes place in four parks (totaling 50 acres), two communities centers, one fitness center, two pools, and a Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District. CHRPD also operates Camp Yeager, a camp accommodating about 125 people located in Cambria, CA.